A Brief Look at Madden History

For the past 35 years, Madden has been creating and publishing stories to help prospective and in-market visitors discover and explore destinations. Madden Publishing (our original moniker) was founded in 1982 with its initial sights set on bringing Tucson’s local stories and advertisers together to create an inspiring consumer magazine, with the ultimate goal of increasing tourism revenue in southeastern Arizona. Our premiere publication, Tucson Guide, carries on successfully to this day and has helped set the course for becoming leaders in the travel and tourism industry.

Over the years, Madden has grown into a national brand through the acquisition of like-minded companies such as Preprint Publishing in 2003 and Custom Marketing Group in 2012. Most importantly, however, our overall growth as a company is attributed to being on the forefront of digital solutions for destination marketing organizations nationwide. Madden Media, as we’re now known, currently delivers highly impactful results to 2,000+ clients in all 50 states as well as Canada. With nearly 100 travel experts on-staff specializing in a variety of media channels such as search engine marketing, storytelling, audience development, and social marketing—we have been fortunate to build long-lasting partnerships through our tailored solutions and product excellence.

Madden Media’s headquarters are located in the revitalized downtown scene of sunny Tucson, Arizona. Since 2009 we have had the privilege of occupying the historical MacArthur Building, originally constructed in 1907. Nearly 80% of our staff serves out of this central location with the other 20% serving from satellite offices nationwide.

From the beginning, our focus has been on building relationships—growing local economies as well as the firm belief that our success lies in your success. With our roots firmly planted in tourism, our opportunities ahead lie in continual innovation and evolution of the products that propel the industry and bring visitors to destinations. Connecting people to places—that’s Madden Media.

Share This