Join Our Team
Business Development Director (National Sales Team)
Remote position only
At Madden, we are on a mission to encourage people to discover new locations and experiences. We believe getting people out of their homes and into new places makes for stronger individuals, communities, and economies. As a nationally recognized leader in marketing, we work across the travel and tourism industry to help our clients tell their local stories to a global audience and showcase why locations are the best places to live, work, and explore.
Our partners range from organizations in smaller communities to some of the most traveled destinations in the world. We ensure our clients and our team stay informed of the latest research, marketing techniques, and technology solutions that can improve how they showcase their community.
Join us in making the world a little more connected as a Business Development Director.
You: An “A” player with a track record of success as a Sales Professional and/or Business Development Manager. You have passion for what you do, you hate to lose, self-starting, have a sense of urgency, driven to make an impact, and LOVE TRAVEL!
In your role, you are a sales professional who works to uncover needs of our tourism partners and delivers an innovative solution that allows Madden Media to deliver exceptional service and value.
- Listen to the people within our accounts to understand their challenges across all of their stakeholders
- Build and develop an engagement strategy to demonstrate the Madden Media ability to deliver exceptional value to our accounts
- Constantly working to discover new trends and opportunities as a sales and marketing professional
- Energy and drive to convey the importance of the always changing marketing landscape to our clients
- Experience working with accounts to identify, discuss, and close large value contracts
- Work with internal campaign managers to build strategy and coach them on the ability to deliver exceptional value to our partners
- Deliver honest and transparent communication to account stakeholders, campaign managers, and team
- Demonstrated sales track record of managing an account-based sales strategy
- Willingness to be the face of the company throughout the country and willingness to travel more than 50% of the time to attend in-office client visits, trade shows, and training
- Ability to work effectively in dynamic, rapidly changing, team-based management environment
- Experience and love for customer relationship management systems and and sales automation tools
- Be an independent self-starter with the ability to work effectively from a home/remote office environment
Why work with us?
We are different. We are artists, writers, digital experts, and sales professionals. We have a lot of fun and market some of the most unique locations. Our team is dynamic and always looking to the next innovation in marketing techniques, tools, and technology.
For those in Tucson, our work environment is in the heart of downtown in a historic flatiron building. There are almost one hundred Maddenites in Tucson and throughout the United States. We love being part of something more than just another marketing agency. Tell us a little more about yourself by submitting your resume.
Madden Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer