Join Our Team
At Madden, we are on a mission to encourage people to discover new locations and experiences. We believe getting people out of their homes and into new places makes for stronger individuals, communities, and economies. As a nationally recognized leader in marketing, we work across the travel and tourism industry to help our clients tell their local stories to a global audience and showcase why locations are the best places to live, work, and explore.
Our partners range from organizations in smaller communities to some of the most traveled destinations in the world. We ensure our clients and our team stay informed of the latest research, marketing techniques, and technology solutions that can improve how they showcase their community.
Join us in making the world a little more connected as a Creative Strategist.
In your role as a Creative Strategist, you lead a team that acts as the catalyst that brings a client’s message to life through any and all visual means. You live and breathe design, know how to lead a team to creative success, and delight clients by providing unique solutions across all design disciplines, helping them meet their marketing needs. Your organizational skills and attention to detail are on point, easily adapt to a variety of brand requirements, and manage multiple projects simultaneously across a team. You thrive working directly with clients to skillfully assess needs, suggest intuitive solutions, and leave them feeling heard. You’re knowledgeable in related disciplines such as video editing, animation, gathering and utilizing user-generated content, and UX. We’re looking for a constantly-curious, well-rounded designer who embraces challenge in a fast-paced environment and knows how to communicate well with teammates and clients to build positive relationships and get the job done efficiently and effectively.
- Lead the creative strategy, including conceptual development of marketing projects across all platforms, setting campaigns up for client brand success from the get-go
- Act as account/project creative lead for assigned accounts/projects, working with the Creative team and other collaborative teams during production
- Provide an exceptional client experience by delivering on-time, error-free, best-in-class quality results
- Augment content-first solutions that satisfy each client’s sensibilities and respect brand guidelines
- Inspire engagement and influence attitudes and decision-making through masterful use of imagery, typography, color, and composition
- Develop visual strategies to emphasize how unique our clients are by translating their needs into solutions appropriate for an ever-changing media landscape
- Organize large amounts of content, both visual and written, to simplify complex concepts and articulate authentic emotions
- Maintain an ahead-of-the-curve knowledge of industry standards and best practices across all disciplines
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline (Graphic Design, Marketing) and 2+ years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and agency experience
- Experience in creative strategy and proficiency in the entire suite of Adobe Creative Apps, asset management, and project management
- Client-obsessed and eager to go the extra mile to make them shine; excellent communication skills, and an understanding that the client’s needs outweigh any award you might win
- Intentionality in design and devotion to the concept of form follows function
- Marketing know-how and dissatisfaction with “good enough”
Why work with us?
We are different. We are artists, writers, digital experts, and sales professionals. We have a lot of fun and market some of the most unique locations. Our team is dynamic and always looking to the next innovation in marketing techniques, tools, and technology.
For those in Tucson, our work environment is in the heart of downtown in a historic flatiron building. There are almost one hundred Maddenites in Tucson and throughout the United States. We love being part of something more than just another marketing agency. Tell us a little more about yourself by submitting your resume.
Madden Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer