Join Our Team
At Madden, we are on a mission to encourage people to discover new locations and experiences. We believe getting people out of their homes and into new places makes for stronger individuals, communities, and economies. As a nationally recognized leader in marketing, we work across the travel and tourism industry to help our clients tell their local stories to a global audience and showcase why locations are the best places to live, work, and explore.
Our partners range from organizations in smaller communities to some of the most traveled destinations in the world. We ensure our clients and our team stay informed of the latest research, marketing techniques, and technology solutions that can improve how they showcase their community.
Are you a data junkie with a “figure-it-out” mindset that works well in a total-freedom environment? This position is for you!
Come join us to make the world a little more connected as a Data Engineer.
This position delivers technical solutions to functional requirements by coordinating with product owners, product teams, and cross-functional groups. You will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, deploying, and self-documenting working solutions. The successful candidate will bring strong critical thinking skills and impeccable judgment to prioritize multiple efforts and make a long-lasting impact for our team.
To help our team deliver exceptional service to our partners as a developer, you will have the following responsibilities and requirements:
- Work on backend user-interfaces, content management, business intelligence software (Domo), and web services (APIs)
- Design, code, test, and deploy systems
- Solve complex and challenging business problems with cutting edge technologies
- You build it, you own it – Provide support to identify, resolve and communicate impacts to the business
- Explore new technologies and have fun finding the best tools for the job!
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in information systems, computer science or related field, or equivalent relevant work experience
- At least 1 year of experience with RESTful web services, API development
- Working knowledge of GitHub using pull requests, feature branching, and code versioning
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Exposure to cloud-based technologies
- Experience with SQL databases
This is a full-time, in-house position in our Tucson, Arizona office.
Why work with us?
We are different. We are artists, writers, digital experts, and sales professionals. We have a lot of fun and market some of the most unique locations. Our team is dynamic and always looking to the next innovation in marketing techniques, tools, and technology.
For those in Tucson, our work environment is in the heart of downtown in a historic flatiron building. There are almost one hundred Maddenites in Tucson and throughout the United States. We love being part of something more than just another marketing agency.
Tell us a little more about yourself by submitting your resume.
Find out more about what our team does for clients here.
Madden Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer