Join Our Team
Inside Sales Representative
At Madden, we are on a mission to encourage people to discover new locations and experiences. We believe getting people out of their homes and into new places makes for stronger individuals, communities, and economies. As a nationally recognized leader in marketing, we work across the travel and tourism industry to help our clients tell their local stories to a global audience and showcase why locations are the best places to live, work, and explore.
Our partners range from organizations in smaller communities to some of the most traveled destinations in the world. We ensure our clients and our team stay informed of the latest research, marketing techniques, and technology solutions that can improve how they showcase their community.
We’re looking for a motivated sales representative that wants to join a winning team with big opportunities for growth.
Join us in making the world a little more connected as an Inside Sales Representative!
You: An “A” player with a track record of success as an Inside Sales Representative, Sales Associate, or Sales Development Representative. You have a passion for what you do, you hate to lose, you’re self-starting, have a sense of urgency, and are driven to make an impact!
In your role, you are a sales professional who works to bring the tourism-related businesses and entities in our client’s destinations together to create cohesive consumer-facing marketing solutions. As an Inside Sales Representative, you will work with customers to ensure a smooth sales process. You must possess excellent customer service skills and have marketing and sales acumen to develop leads and explain the products addressing questions and concerns in order to make sales. You have the ability to work with our full Business Development team in support of team goals.
- Drive incremental revenue within our tourism-focused marketing platforms through inside sales efforts
- Responsible for developing strong and effective lead pipeline – research retail accounts, identify key players, generate interest
- Become an expert at our market platforms to support your value-based sales efforts and to be able to answer all customer questions
- Utilize CRM to maintain up to date advertiser info and transparency into sales activity
- Make outbound calls and monitor marketing email drip campaigns to sell products
- Use excellent oral communication and best practices in customer service when interacting with clients
- Responsible for closing deals and finalizing contracts
- Help empower our Business Development team by identifying accounts with significant opportunity for growth
- Positively represent our partner Destination Marketing Organizations in the programs we are selling on their behalf.
- Achieve or exceed sales and revenue goals set in the pay plan
- Stays up to speed on local happenings for each co-op program region
- Deliver honest and transparent communication to account stakeholders, campaign managers, and team
- Located in Tucson, AZ at our headquarters
- Demonstrated sales track record of managing an account-based sales strategy
- Ability to work effectively in dynamic, rapidly changing, team-based management environment
- Organized and detail-oriented in order to keep track of all programs
- Experience and love for customer relationship management systems and sales automation tools
- Be an independent self-starter with exceptionally strong communication skills
- Have a deep understanding of the media landscape, both traditional and digital
Breakdown of responsibilities
- Direct inside sales efforts (phone, email) – 60%
- List management, lead research, marketing efforts – 30%
- Customer service, administrative, reporting and other – 10%
Why work with us?
We are different. We are artists, writers, digital experts, and sales professionals. We have a lot of fun and market some of the most unique locations. Our team is dynamic and always looking to the next innovation in marketing techniques, tools, and technology.
For those in Tucson, our work environment is in the heart of downtown in a historic flatiron building. There are almost one hundred Maddenites in Tucson and throughout the United States. We love being part of something more than just another marketing agency. Tell us a little more about yourself by submitting your resume.
Find out more about what our team does for clients here.
Madden Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer