Join Our Team
Position located in our Downtown Tucson office
At Madden, we are on a mission to encourage people to discover new locations and experiences. We believe getting people out of their homes and into new places makes for stronger individuals, communities, and economies. As a nationally recognized leader in marketing, we work across the travel and tourism industry to help our clients tell their local stories to a global audience and showcase why locations are the best places to live, work, and explore.
Our partners range from organizations in smaller communities to some of the most traveled destinations in the world. We ensure our clients and our team stay informed of the latest research, marketing techniques, and technology solutions that can improve how they showcase their community.
Join us in making the world a little more connected as a Proposal Writer.
In your role, you will help our team deliver exceptional service to our partners. As a Proposal Writer, you assist in the development of high-quality proposals for destination marketing organizations, state and local government agencies, nonprofit organizations, and commercial entities within the travel and tourism industry. The Proposal Writer is responsible for writing and managing the overall proposal effort, ensuring compliance with the Request for Proposal (RFP) and responsiveness to the prospect’s requirements. The individual will monitor project workloads and set priorities to ensure deliverables are met according to defined timelines. The Proposal Writer’s finished product is expected to be highly professional and representative of the standard of excellence and quality service for Madden.
- Ensures all content is on-brand
- Responsible for ensuring the submission of proposals that are compliant with RFP instructions and requirements
- Manage the proposal response process from receipt of solicitations through the final product
- Research, write and edit materials for proposals and presentations
- Design/write/edit tables, matrices, past performance descriptions and resumes for proposals
- Identify and incorporate relevant graphics and visuals into proposals
- Establish a Proposal Management Plan with associated schedule and contributor assignments
- Manage all Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) contributing to the proposal effort
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field.
- They should have at least 3 years of experience in a proposal writing role, preferably with a marketing or professional services firm. A history of submitting proposals to government agencies will be encouraged.
- The candidate must demonstrate excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. The ability to work the necessary hours to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment is essential. The candidate must also have a high degree of competency using software, including Microsoft, Google, and Adobe products.
Why work with us?
We are different. We are artists, writers, digital experts, and sales professionals. We have a lot of fun and market some of the most unique locations. Our team is dynamic and always looking to the next innovation in marketing techniques, tools, and technology.
For those in Tucson, our work environment is in the heart of downtown in a historic flatiron building. There are almost one hundred Maddenites in Tucson and throughout the United States. We love being part of something more than just another marketing agency. Tell us a little more about yourself by submitting your resume.
Madden Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer