Join Our Team
Public Relations Strategist
At Madden, we are on a mission to encourage people to discover new locations and experiences. We believe getting people out of their homes and into new places makes for stronger individuals, communities, and economies. As a nationally recognized leader in marketing, we work across the travel and tourism industry to help our clients tell their local stories to a global audience and showcase why locations are the best places to live, work, and explore.
Our partners range from organizations in smaller communities to some of the most traveled destinations in the world. We ensure our clients and our team stay informed of the latest research, marketing techniques, and technology solutions that can improve how they showcase their community.
Come join us in making the world a little more connected as a Public Relations Strategist.
In your role, you will help our team deliver exceptional service to our partners as a PR Strategist in the following ways:
- Represent Madden in the destination marketing industry, build company profile with key influencers and provide expertise to the industry
- Responsible for the day-to-day public relations functions for a variety of clients, management of PR plans and support to other team members.
- You will independently manage clients, attend meetings, write press releases, come up with pitch ideas and constantly pitch the media to secure stories, build target media lists, manage reporting, ensure client satisfaction and perform various other tasks as assigned.
- Your main responsibility is to achieve the goals of each Madden PR client through public relations activities, and to uphold the Agency’s reputation as one of the top Destination Marketing Agencies in the country.
- Ensure all client tasks are completed and that other team members always have the most updated reports, research and ideas about that client’s industry and business.
- Grow existing account base by renewing contracts and achieving long-term customer loyalty
- Assist Account Strategy and Business Development team in developing strategic plans, budget documents and occasionally visiting with client accounts
- Independently manage and execute the day-to-day PR efforts for clients (depending on retainer scope/size) and a variety of “project” clients
- Create strategic PR plans and setting goals for each client; ensuring that each month, our tactics and results are evaluated against those goals to make sure we are on target
- You are a vital part of the organization! We’ll expect a lot from you, including flexibility to meet deadlines and handle extra hours as needed (including the occasional weekend or evening client TV spot or event) as well as the ability to work very well under pressure and to handle client needs.
- Attend client meetings, taking notes and assigning/managing tasks in Intervals based on the notes
- Create monthly PR report for all of your PR clients each month; also compile and/or send “Weekly Recap/Wins” e-mail every week.
- Work with the content and account teams to write press releases and media pitches, and come up with new, creative ways to tell our client’s stories.
- Pitch the media on a daily basis! Local, regional, national, trade – you name it!
- Be “in the know” of what media is covering our clients
- Development of key messages and talking points for client interviews
- Find all clips that mention or relate to our clients
- Management of Target Media Lists
- Staying on top of PR trends
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, team environment while making data-driven decisions
Why work with us?
We are different. We are artists, writers, digital experts, and sales professionals. We have a lot of fun and market some of the most unique locations. Our team is dynamic and always looking to the next innovation in marketing techniques, tools, and technology.
For those in Tucson, our work environment is in the heart of downtown in a historic flatiron building. There are almost one hundred Maddenites in Tucson and throughout the United States. We love being part of something more than just another marketing agency. Tell us a little more about yourself by submitting your resume.
Find out more about what our team does for clients here.
Madden Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer