Join Our Team
SENIOR FULL STACK WEB DEVELOPER
At Madden, we are on a mission to encourage people to discover new locations and experiences. We believe getting people out of their homes and into new places makes for stronger individuals, communities, and economies. As a nationally recognized leader in marketing, we work across the travel and tourism industry to help our clients tell their local stories to a global audience and showcase why locations are the best places to live, work, and explore.
Our partners range from organizations in smaller communities to some of the most traveled destinations in the world. We ensure our clients and our team stay informed of the latest research, marketing techniques, and technology solutions that can improve how they showcase their community.
Come join us make the world a little more connected as a Senior Full Stack Web Developer.
In your role, to help our team deliver exceptional service to our partners, you will work on a variety of tasks, from website development to internal support for client website issues. You will work with designers and content teams to produce websites and content, and you will use a variety of tools and platforms to do so.
You should have experience in working directly with large clients in an industry where creativity and visual impact drive performance. We are looking for a developer who has the creative experience and who has built creative websites for clients.
To be considered for this position, you must be able to demonstrate front to back end experience working on consumer-facing websites, preferably in travel or marketing industries.
To help our team deliver exceptional service to our partners as a developer, you will have the following responsibilities and requirements:
- Create websites using custom themes in WordPress and other CMS systems
- Architect and implement new solutions such as plugins and other custom code solutions
- Mentor and help other junior staff developers
- Create responsive, rich media web pages for client websites
- Work across departments with designers and content writers to produce designs to spec
- Utilize data-driven decisions to influence the development and design solutions for projects
- Use Agile and Scrum to deliver quality products on time and within budget
- Maintain and support existing websites and content
- Troubleshoot issues on client websites relating to
- Work on maintaining and implementing solutions on a variety of cloud platforms such as Google Cloud and AWS
- Enhance website experiences by pulling data from and pushing data to a variety of RESTful APIs
- A minimum of 6+ years of professional experience with the full LAMP stack
- A minimum of 6+ years experience with website design for mobile
- Demonstrable experience in senior development roles in past employment
- Direct experience with consumer-facing websites
- A demonstrable history with website design for a visual medium
- Experience with cloud-based PAAS systems
- Usage of Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager on past projects to track website performance
- Exposure to a variety of custom and industry-standard CMS and CRM systems
- Experience with source control management and other advanced development tools and methodologies
- Web frameworks (jQuery, JSON, AJAX, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills with both clients and co-workers, with the ability to explain technical concepts in a non-technical manner
- Knowledge of online marketing and technology including SEO and web metrics
- Interest in Social Media, Content Management Systems, and User Interface Design
This is a full-time, in-house position in our Tucson, Arizona office. Unfortunately, we cannot offer Visa sponsorship or relocation services at this time.
Why work with us?
We are different. We are artists, writers, digital experts, and sales professionals. We have a lot of fun and market some of the most unique locations. Our team is dynamic and always looking to the next innovation in marketing techniques, tools, and technology.
For those in Tucson, our work environment is in the heart of downtown in a historic flatiron building. There are almost one hundred Maddenites in Tucson and throughout the United States. We love being part of something more than just another marketing agency. Tell us a little more about yourself by submitting your resume.
Find out more about what our team does for clients here.
Madden Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer