We want to share some insights on what you can do to keep your website optimized for good Search Engine Optimization with some tips and suggestions, and how we can help. SEO is more critical now than ever; many people are confined to their homes and will be searching for things to do once this time comes to an end, which we know it will.
To that end, Madden is here to help. We have SEO experts on staff that are ready to ensure your site remains as visible as possible for those with travel interests, and we are happy to work with you on strategies and advice that can help your website stay high in search results.
Protecting your current SEO status and preventing it from slipping now will help you recover in the future. Remember that your site needs to remain SEO-optimized in order to be seen by visitors. It is much more difficult to regain lost rankings than to maintain and improve current rankings over time. Beyond this, there are additional items that can occur with a suspended SEO campaign, such as:
- Competitor sites can overtake your website in search rankings, especially if they are continuing SEO while your campaign is inactive.
- Stopping a long term investment such as SEO will greatly reduce its value. Think of SEO like a gym routine – if you stop, it is much more difficult to pick back up where you left off. The longer you neglect SEO, the harder it will be to regain lost traffic and rankings.
- Unresolved errors can cause a poor user experience and result in a drop of repeat visitors.
- Any new keyword opportunities are missed, resulting in a loss of new visitors.
- Updates to Google’s algorithm continue to happen frequently – these updates have to be addressed with ongoing SEO.
- Your site can quickly lose search visibility.
Travel has been and continues to be one of the first industries to be affected, but we also firmly believe that it will be one of the first to recover. People will be more eager than ever to get out of the house and on the road or in the skies once again when it is safe to do so, and being there for them with information and good search results will translate to a quicker recovery for your destination.
In closing, we know that saying you have a lot on your plate right now is an understatement, but we want to help make you aware of how you can best be prepared for recovery through positive planning and prevention now. Stay positive, keep your websites visible in front of audiences worldwide, and remember that we will come out of this stronger as an industry.
Interested in learning even more about how you can protect, plan, and subsequently recover from the current COVID-19 environment? We’ve developed a COVID-19 Marketing Preparation Guide for you and your partners.